Definition of fascial stretch therapy (FST):
Molding and reshaping fascia (connective tissue) and muscle through assisted stretching. The results are a balanced, pain free body with improved posture, flexibility, range of motion and strength.
How is FST different than traditional stretching?
One of the reasons FST is so unique is because of its affect on the nervous system. It allows the client to relax using modified PNF (contract-release) which brings the body into a parasympathetic state allowing the tissue to release without pain or effort. Applying PNF builds strength in the fascia and muscle from a “core” level and begins the process of retraining the tissue to “fire” properly. One of the fastest ways to release a muscle is to contract it ( 3 to 5 contractions should release a muscle within 15 seconds compared to traditional methods of holding a stretch which takes 3 minutes).
Stretching fascia and muscle creates a permanent change in the tissue which you can feel immediately and with each session feel longer lasting results. By stretching fascia and the muscle, you are able to stretch more tissue in a shorter period of time as opposed to performing traditional stretching (muscle by muscle) which can be painful, time consuming and marginally effective.
What is Fascia?
• Fascia is connective tissue. It connects muscle to muscle and muscle to bone. The body is integrated with fascia much like a spider web – continuous and connected throughout the structure.
• Fascia is the most prevalent tissue in the body, yet it is sometimes the least understood by your doctor, therapist and trainer.
• The health and function of all joints and muscles are a direct result of the condition of your fascia.
• Healthy circulation in your muscles, joints, arteries, veins, brain and spinal cord is largely dependent on optimal flexibility of your fascia.
• Exercise alone does not optimally balance, align or improve your fascia.
About Fascial Stretch Therapy
What are the benefits of FST?
• Balances the fascial lines, pulling the bones back to center, relieving and eliminating pain.
• Is pain-free stretching that feels GREAT and gives you FASTER and BETTER results.
• UNWINDS your fascia to LOOSEN UP tight muscles and stiff joints.
• Is scientifically proven to get at least 50% better results than traditional stretching.
• Can easily be integrated with all fitness programs.
• COMPLIMENTS and ENHANCES chiropractic, physical therapy, fitness training and massage.
• Increased strength and endurance
•Improved postural alignment
• Increased energy and blood circulation
• Improved joint, muscle and nerve function
• Increased space between joints
• Decreased compression and pinching in joints and nerves